Pier Giacomo Castiglioni (1913-1968) was, paired with his brother Achille (1918-2002), one of the most important Italian designers of the entire twentieth century. The two were sons of the sculptor Giannino Castiglioni and had a third brother, Livio (1911-1979). In the early years of their careers Livio and Pier Giacomo formed a partnership with a third architect destined to enter the history of Italian design, Luigi Caccia Dominioni. Together the three took part in various competitions and designed radio sets (for Phonola, presented at the 1940 Triennale) and cutlery (now proposed by Alessi). After Achille's graduation in 1944, he and Pier Giacomo founded an inseparable couple who with their acute and ingenious approach revolutionized Italian design, giving life to some unforgettable icons that have marked their history for brands such as Flos, Zanotta and Gavina. indelibly. In the architectural field, he devoted himself mainly to stands and installations, but he also signed famous projects such as the Splügen Brau brewery and the restoration of the Chamber of Commerce, both in Milan. In 1956 he was one of the founding members of ADI, an association that in the course of his career awarded him no less than 5 Gold Compasses (1955, 1960, 1962, 1964, 1967).