The history of Sambonet started in 1856 in Vercelli with the foundation by Giuseppe Sambonet, coming from a historic family of goldsmiths and silversmiths in the city. The company soon saw its prestige grow, becoming the supplier of the Royal House and numerous noble families in the early 1900s. In the 1930s Sambonet built a large plant capable of applying galvanic silver plating, moving to wider production on an industrial scale.
Then followed a wider production of stainless steel items and an opening to large hotel supplies, inaugurated in the 1950s with the Hilton Hotel in Cairo. In 1997 the company was bought by the Milanese group Paderno, led by Pierluigi and Franco Coppo, who will be enriched in the following years by other historical brands such as the German Rosenthal and Arzberg or the French Raynaud and Ercuis.