Wallpaper Design Awards 2019 – The winners among the furniture design
As every year, 2019 opened under the banner of Wallpaper Design Awards, the prestigious award of the homonymous magazine including names, brands and designers from all over the world that in the previous year were able to stand out in their respective fields for inventiveness, boldness, innovation and strength in proposing unique ideas, capable with their orriginal drive to stand out from the crowd.
The burden of judgment was handed down to prominent figures such as Paola Antonelli, curator of Architecture and Design at the MoMA; Bjarke Ingels, archi-star and founder of Studio BIG; Philippe Malouin, Designer of the year 2018 for Wallpaper; the Korean artist Do Ho Suh; production designer David Korins; and finally Buffalo Girl, an icon character in the world of style.
The coveted prize includes fields and sectors of great heterogeneity, but still linked to each other by the tendency towards innovation and belonging to the world of fashion, architecture and design.
Among the winners, 16 brands are available at the Salvioni Design Solutions stores:
- AntonioLupi – Albume sink by Carlo Colombo
- Baxter – Selene sideboard by Hagit Pincovici
- B&B Italia – Eda-Mame sofa by Piero Lissoni
- Cassina – Ordinal table by Michael Anastassiades
- Fritz Hansen – Basket by Benjamin Hubert
- Giorgetti – Alfred trolley
- Gufram – After Party sideboard by Rotganzen
- Minotti – Tape sofa by Nendo
- Molteni & C – Woody chair by Francesco Meda
- Normann Copenhagen – Mesh knives
- Poliform – Creek coffee table by Jean-Marie Massaud
- Poltrona Frau – Soffi lamp by GamFratesi
- Porada – Killian bed by Maurizio Corconato
- Tom Dixon – Rock candle
- Visionnaire – Marty console by Marco Piva
- Walter Knoll – Sitawi rug